The 2nd Belt and Road Education Dialogue (hereafter referred to as the Dialogue) is a follow up of the 1st Belt and Road Education Dialogue held on November 27-29 in Beijing with participants from Azerbaijan, Cambodia, Czech Republic, Hungary, France, Iran, Israel, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Lithuania, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Moldova, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia Republic, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Qatar, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu , and Ukraine etc. They shared knowledge and insight on education research, policymaking and planning and explored potential exchange and collaboration for mutual benefits relating to the Belt and Road Initiative.
To build on what has been achieved last year, the 2nd Belt and Road Education Dialogue will be held on November 24-27 in Beijing, China again. The event will launch the outcome from the Belt and Road Education Research Project initiated last year, share the most recent policy development and state-of-art research findings on such issues as Education and National Development, the 4th Industrial Revolution and Education Reform, and the Path and Pattern of Achieving Educational Equity and Quality. and explore the potentiality of creating a collaborative education research network. In doing so, hopefully it will reinforce mutual learning and exchange in the field of education and contribute to economic development and social well-being in the Belt and Road region.
i. Date and Venue
• Date: November 24 (Saturday) - 26 (Monday), 2018
• Venue: Beijing Friendship Hotel, Beijing, China
• To facilitate bilateral and multilateral education policy communication among the B&R countries.
• To build mutual understanding on education development among the B&R countries.
• To explore approaches and strategies for education cooperation by 2030 in the B&R countries
iii. Theme and Subthemes
The theme of the Dialogue is: Research, Policy-making and Planning. There will be keynote presentation and panel discussions on the following topics:
• Education and National Development
• The 4th Industrial Revolution and Education Reform
• The Path and Pattern of Achieving Educational Equity and Quality
• To be confirmed
iv. Organizers and Sponsors
The National Institute of Education Sciences of the People’s Republic of China
Beijing Foreign Studies University, Beijing Royal School, Tianjin Yinghua International School, etc.
The Dialogue will invite about 200 participants including policy-makers, researchers, practitioners, and administrators and from the following countries and China:
• East Asia: China, Mongolia
• Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
• Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan
• Middle East and North Africa: Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Syria, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
• South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
• Europe: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey, Ukraine
vi. Working Language
The working languages of the event will be English and Chinese. Simultaneous interpretation will be provided from English into Chinese and Chinese into English for the duration of the Dialogue. All basic documentation will be available in both English and Chinese.
For registration and more info please click here